The original part of the house was built in 1850, with an addition made in 1900. A porch was added in 1960. The current owner is the fifth generation of the family to live in this house. The Quinn family has been farming in the area for the entire time. Their strawberries and their U-Pick are well known all over Cape Breton Island. There is an original barn and well on the property which remain as reminders of the "way it used to be".
Resembling the typical Cape Breton farm house, this structure has Victorian and Neoclassical designs. This two-storey house contains timber-framed ceilings.
The barn and other outbuildings are reminders of the way the farm used to look.
Click on Thumbnail to enlarge Image