Ross Ferry Fire Hall
Kempt Head Road
This was built to be the Grant family's store in Ross Ferry after the original store burned in 1951. It was moved in 1961.
This is a vernacular building, with two symmetrical gable roofs, and one smaller inset gable. It contains a two-bay garage for the two fire trucks, and is clad in vinyl siding.
This building is important to the community because it serves as the Ross Ferry Firehall. As such, it is the base for the volunteer firefighters and local emergency responders, as well as various community groups. Community functions, from weekly bingo games to the annual Ross Ferry Volunteer Fire Dept. Pork Chop Barbeque, take place at the hall and engrain it in the spirit of the community.
Click on Thumbnail to enlarge Image